Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Positive Outlook

For many of us life is challenging. There are times when we can not simply just sit back passively and permit life to carry us through like we are children on our father's shoulders riding piggy back through the park. Sometimes life isn't a walk in the park. I have been exhausted lately and have that familiar disconcerting notion most people have after two years in my present situation. Teaching English in Korea at a public school will do that to you. Despite what many people think, teaching English here isn't a walk in the park- and to use another cliche; it ain't no picnic either!

I can expound upon many of the day to day troubles I encounter and you might even be captivated, or at the least be curious to read about life in such a mysterious place. What is even more likely though, is that you would probably be sore for my comments regarding my recent melancholy as a failing teacher in South Korea. Random complaining is easy to do, but the problem is that it doesn't solve anything. So instead, I am not going to complain to you. The reason for this is that I've lived here for a while, and the reason that i've stayed here as long as I have is that there are many interesting things about life here. So instead of babbling like an apathetic record store employee(i've been there,) I'm going to tell you the great things about Korea that I look forwrad to every day.

So stay tuned, because next week I am going to show you that there is always a treasure somewhere, and it's not always buried. For I am a very lucky person to be where I am. I am sure problems are everywhere and as I mentioned we all have challenges in life. It's true that I'm facing them head on , but I just don't want to bother you with it, though I do want to share some good things with you, because it will simply make me feel better. So therefore, read my blog next week-sorry for the shameless plug.

2 comments:

Justyna Najbar said...

staying tuned:)

therese Mac Seain said...

i love your writing all the positive stuff it making me think more about what i love about here. And has put me in a great mood. :) Keep it up can wait to read again.