Monday, May 25, 2009

A Weekend with Beatless



I think it must be noted that I am not at all a modest person. I'll impart this information to you without the slightest hesitation. Like the words of Ron Burgundy who claimed that he 'was kind of a big deal around here,' I too think I have some interesting things to brag about. For example, I have played the bass guitar for the past twelve years or so, and have been fortunate to play some kick ass tunes in front of a very eclectic range of characters around the world. For that I am of course thankful, but at the same time quite impressed with myself. So please give me a moment to pat myself on the back.

Now, that's done! I also want to say, this weekend I met with a former band in Ostrava (The Czech Republic,)with whom I had the great fortune to play with for over a year back in 2006. They are a Beatles revival band called 'Beatless.' The fact that the two singers are girls can serve as a clue to the 'ess' suffix attached band name (which is from princess,) as well as the fact that the name is a sarcastic play on words to symbolize a lack of rhythm. Although, like the Bangles they got the beat.

The band plays about 2 or 3 times a month around the Czech Replublic; usually in spa towns. They will usually play around 25 to 30 songs in an evening, and I don't think they have ever made a mistake while I played with them. Anyway, I was invited to play with them in Karlova Studanka last week in the mountains about two hours form Ostrava. I came and played about six songs, said 'dekuju moc!' then sat down and took some photos and made a couple digital camera videos. All of which is located just below for your viewing pleasure! Enjoy!







No comments: