Saturday, May 30, 2009

Allergey Season Blizzard

Ever since I was young this time of year(late May) has always proved troublesome when venturing outside. You see, I have the misfortune of being afflicted with pesky seasonal allergies. As many of us share the annoying symptoms of; incessant, uncontrollable, sneezing, and itchy, and sobby watery eyes, it came as no surprise to me to see the culprit of all of this discomfort right before my own scratchy eyes.

You see, in early spring everything is fresh, verdant and in bloom. Early Spring is such a pretty, colorful time of year. However when things begin to dry out, things start to get nasty for us allergy sufferers. Especially in Poland, where in Spring there is a plethora of those dandy little yellow flowers called dandelions. They look so darn pretty when they bloom, however after a few weeks the dry out and decide to leave their flower and blow off around nature and town.

At times in Warsaw, you can see the feathery dried flower blowing through the streets like a snowstorm. You can even see patches of the flower on the ground like a fresh powder. When the wind kicks up, the petals dance and flutter, follow people, end up in taxis, trams, and even buildings. At times it appears that some streets are covered in cotton. It's interesting, however a slight annoyance for us allergy sufferers. At least there are decent enough drugs at the pharmacy and a ready supply of tissues at hand!







4 comments:

bluebird said...

Hi, Daniel!! Do you remember me I'm Park Eun-hui in Suncheon, Korea. I can't find any apace to leave my hello, so that's why i'm here. As you know, we prepare the popsong contest in my school, recently. Can I ask a favor? I need the music for a choral. The title is < You raise up my life> by Westlife. Please don't forget me and give a help!!! I bet you can find it. bby

dbmiller24 said...

Eun-hi!!!! I can't find any information for you! Please give me your e-mail here again if you read this....
I will be happy to help you with the pop-song contest...
I hope your new teacher at jeil high school is nice,

ps. what class are you in again?

see you,
Daniel:)

bluebird said...

I blowed my message to you just before. C'EST BIZARRE!! Anyway, I'm happy to contact you. My email address is bluebird3446@hanmail.net. Mr. Krieger, new commer, is very nice. He is already accoustomed to the Korean students. I envy you! You can go fom place to place. I can't. I 'm attached to my family and I can't help it even though I love them.
I'm in charge of 2nd grade. bby

bluebird said...

I blowed my message to you just before. C'EST BIZARRE!! Anyway, I'm happy to contact you. My email address is bluebird3446@hanmail.net. Mr. Krieger, new commer, is very nice. He is already accoustomed to the Korean students. I envy you! You can go fom place to place. I can't. I 'm attached to my family and I can't help it even though I love them.
I'm in charge of 2nd grade. bby