Thursday, December 29, 2011

Where's the Snow?




One year ago there was so much snow in Warsaw. Where is it this year? I understand that bigger and more important things have happened over the year, and the lack of snow this winter is hardly worth a mention. Moreover, For me it is a welcome event as I’ve been able to go jogging a bit later in the year than usual, and I’ve been spared the sensation of experiencing the bitter cold when stepping outside at six o’clock in the morning on my way to work. Despite my small good fortune,it’s odd that the temperature is well above freezing, and that it still feels like autumn. I’m not complaining, I’m just saying it’s weird. It’s at least a little unusual, isn’t it?

Flash back to November 2010 and you might remember a different situation. I took a short walk in the afternoon and was nearly blinded and blown over by a freak snow and wind storm. A month later, I bravely went on a freezing holiday stroll through the lit up streets of Warsaw admiring all of the glowing lights and snow covered trees before Christmas. This year, the lights and trees are present, but there is not a flake of snow. See for yourself in my video.

No comments: